Monday, August 11, 2008

Ravelympics

I am competing in the Ravelympics, a twist off the Olympics for the Ravelry web site. The challenge is to complete projects within the chosen competition before the end of the Olympics. I am competing in the Vest Vault and the picture shows the front of the vest I am working on. I'm using sock yarn and size 3 needles, making it more of a challenge to complete. I'm also making the pattern up as I go along. It is a straight forward type of v-neck vest in colors just perfect for my little guy's first day of school. Just in case I actually finish this with time to spare, I am also planning a second vest but in a worsted weight. I've got my fingers crossed that my hands and wrists will be up to the challenge. I have a problem in my neck that causes pinched nerves in my arms and wrists. So far I have made pretty good progress.
This other project is a sweater that I began working on during vacation. I had hoped to get it done before the Ravelympics but that wasn't meant to be with the busy vacation schedule I had. I was really excited to start the vest so putting this aside for the time being hasn't been so difficult. The best part is when I pick it up again it should be completed in no time. This is another that I am making up as I go along. I wasn't sure it was going to fit well until I tried it on- I love it. Looking at it on the needles just doesn't do it justice. The yarn was a cheap wool that I picked up on sale for the heck of it. So far its been a great investment of both money and time. The label says its gray, but it has a blueish tint to it that reminds me of an ocean sky on a gray day. I don't know why but it makes me think of seagulls flying off in the distance over the ocean.

No comments: