Sunday, December 27, 2009

A new era for blogging...

The picture is the same but the title and theme of my blog has changed. The details which may already be obvious to some will be coming soon. So much has changed in the 2 years since I started the blog and I plan to write about that much more in depth in the upcoming months. I feel like each day is and will be a new journey, starting with tomorrow. Tomorrow I will get up and go to work for the first time since the end of October. I don't know if I'll be able to work even part time but I need to give it another try before giving up for good. I fear I know what the answer will be and that I'll know within a couple of days but I feel strongly I need to try anyway. I am deeply appreciative of FMLA and that my job has been there for me since August when I have either not worked at all or barely worked enough to consider myself part time. Unfortunately, time is up and I either need to be able to do it or hand the reigns over to someone else who can. It has been an extremely difficult journey and the thought of leaving after a decade makes my stomach turn, but I know the choice really isn't mine. My job has been a source not only of income for me but a major part of how I've defined myself and where some deep friendships have been made. If it were my choice, I'd work. Whatever happens I'll know that I fought to the end and that I didn't give up before I had to. Now I'll go to bed and prepare myself for the next leg of this journey knowing that no matter what, good things will happen for me as long as I believe they will, work or no work.

No comments: