Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Have you any wool?



Yes sir, 4 bags full! One for me, one for me, one for me, and oh yeah, another one for me!
Yes, my obsession gets out of hand at times.

On Friday Eric and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We went away for the weekend in Kennebunkport, ME. Although it rained pretty steadily, we had a great time in each other's company. In between side by side Swedish massages, relaxing in the hot tub (outside in the rain, how romantic) and dinners out, I managed to snag some great yarn deals. I've already gotten into a second ball of Lamb's Pride on an impromptu afghan. The Lamb's Pride was on clearance for 3.30 a ball, I stopped at 14. I've never faced the daunting task of knitting an afghan before but it only seemed appropriate with that much yarn. My pride and joy was the cashmere/wool blend I bought in a rosy color. It is so soft and I was hard pressed to walk out without it. Eric is so understanding, he actually encouraged me to go ahead and buy it. He still believes that I don't splurge on yarn that often. Interesting concept. I wonder how long I can keep that myth alive?

As for celebrating, we took some time to reminisce about the past 10 years and how much has changed. 3 kids, landlording, job changes, etc. On our first night I turned to Eric and asked, "Do you want to do something really wild and crazy?" He was right into that, so we switched sides of the bed. Whooo, crazy. After 10 years plus of sleeping on one side, it was almost too wild for me. I definitely regretted it in the morning.
The first photo above is of the new additions to the "stash" and the second is of me at Goose Rocks Beach with Timber Island in the background.

No comments: