Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm still knitting

Although my last few posts have been about anything other than knitting, I have still been at it. It has been pretty crazy around here for the past several weeks. I tend to go off in several directions while seeking an outlet for the stress I'm feeling. The result is several knitting projects at once along with many non-knitting related distractions. Along with the following projects I have been painting the house, doing yard work and experimenting all the ways I can use a waffle maker. I have also recently discovered that I can watch real music videos from the 80's on You Tube. This last one I have gleefully shared with my children, my daughter is shocked and disgusted while my boys have a new found respect. My 4 year old now thinks Cheap Trick is cool. Ahhh, Mini Me.

My main project is a long sweater using the wool/cashmere I bought in early May. I am nearly done with the body of it, and then will attach the sleeves and knit the neck. At first I kept wondering if I was crazy to do a thick warm sweater now, but the chill of the air conditioner at work has made this seem very appropriate. The rose and baby's breath is from my garden and the sweater is in the background.


I've been working on the second of a pair of socks in a yarn made from corn. This is the project I choose for hot days outside when the wool of the sweater is just too much.

I've also completed most of a sweater for my daughter. It's modeled after my cotton cable sweater but since the original pattern was for an adult, I have modified it to knit mostly in the round and in a smaller size. I just have to finish the second arm on that one.
Last but not least, I included a pic of a tee I finished a week and a half ago. It took forever but came out awesome! It is made with a new Spunky Eclectic www.spunkyeclectic.com yarn called Summer, a rayon and cotton blend. It is shiny, shimmery, smooth and soft. Soooo nice.

No comments: