Monday, March 17, 2008

It's A Man Thing!



Eric's sweater is done!!! I never thought that freakin', convoluted thing would ever be done. Ahh, but now he's happy and we'll pretend this wasn't all as bad as it was. It all seemed to be going well (for the third time with this yarn) until I got all confused last night and made the neck too small. I took a deep breath, did a load of laundry and within 20 minutes had pulled back the bind-off and fixed it. I guess it was more the trial and error of the whole "man" sweater thing than the time or energy involved. Next time I'll use a pattern.

Now everyone in the family has a sweater handmade by me. What a lucky crew.

What's even better, tonight I can work on my Angora/Silk shrug without the guilt. I admit that I started it last week and worked on it for 3 days straight before I was able to regain consciousness and put it down. It's just so soft. Really really soft. I am not sure I can wear it without making an utter fool of myself, rubbing it over my face and caressing it. Thing is, I don't even care and I know I should. This yarn is like a gateway drug and it's taken hold of me! Too soon it will all be over and I am not sure if I'd rather wear it or knit it. It may just have to be something else after it's a shrug.

Ooh, it's my lucky day, the Girl Scout cookies have arrived. Must be the lucky green streak I have in my hair today! Gotta go nibble. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

1 comment:

emily said...

The sweater looks great. You are lucky your fam appreciates your knitty-ness.

I think I have the same shrug pattern and yarn. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!