Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's starting to look like spring...inside



The winter weather has definitely overstayed it's welcome, in my opinion. With the first day of spring now having come and gone, I am declaring all out war on winter. First, I made a pair of socks in spring colors, light green and blue w/ lace, then I made camping reservations for Memorial Day weekend, and lastly, I transplanted some grass in a pot to gaze at while I knit. Today we went to the annual Maple Syrup Days, another spring tradition in Maine. It was really cold! I am only semi-confident that we'll get enough thaw to get the camper out of the snow in time for camping. It just doesn't seem possible that we'll be camping in 2 months. Eric and I are speculating how much snow is on the campsite right now. Just in case, I am working on a wool sweater to keep me extra warm. Actually, I am working on the sweater because it's been in the closet since October and I am not having much luck with any of my other projects. I'm just telling myself that knitting a wool sweater a week before April is useful because of the camping. My shrug is a mess, waiting to be ripped out, and my three attempts at "Sprout", a short cardi have been less than successful. I needed something mindless and since the wool sweater is already well into the boring knit a row, purl a row stage, I figure I can do that without too much trouble. I am not sure why I can't seem to knit lately without chaos. I thought it might be the painkillers I was living off of (thanks to a little sledding incident), but I finally don't need those anymore. That hasn't fixed the knitting. Perhaps I am rushing things, getting too cocky. Perhaps it's because I am trying to read directions, another thing I don't do well. Who knows, but I need to figure it out soon before all of my fingernails are chewed off!

No comments: