Friday, January 4, 2008

Finally Posting

So, I set this page up last week and finally think I have enough brain activity to start and complete a thought for my first post. I can't imagine anyone would ever read this, yet then I think of all of the enjoyment I get from reading other blogs and so here we go.

I am taking a break from ravelry and wondering how this knitting obsession got so far? I have never been one to be the addicted type, yet I can't stop knitting or engaging in activities that are knitting related. The introduction of Ravelry into my life has just made it go from a cutesy addiction to knuckle biting NEED. I think I have come to the conclusion that I would rather knit than eat. I certainly would rather be on Ravelry than work. Okay, that's not addiction, that's just human nature.

So what's on the stix?
The big To Do right now is a sweater for my daughter's 6th birthday, coming up later this month. I pored over patterns everywhere but in the end, decided to make up a pattern just for her. That was my original plan and I should have just gone with it, but I think I needed the time to think about what I really wanted. I haven't taken any pics yet but I am well on my way and eager to get back into it tonight. I am using a pink cotton/acrylic yarn on size 6 needles. It is a top down raglan cardigan with a rose pattern on the back and small curls on the arms. Once I reach the mid- stomach, I will increase and start a long lace bottom. I bought some pearls to add into it but haven't decided yet how to incorporate these.

I recently finished several pairs of socks, many as holiday gifts. Once Christmas ended I felt lost without all the projects and due dates. All I knew, was I needed to knit for myself for a while. I quickly knit myself a purple alpaca and silk scarf followed by another pair of socks. I always say it'll be a great day when I am wearing a pair of handknit socks. Yesterday I wore both the socks and the scarf. Sooo much happiness!

Okay, here's the test, can I get the pics to post? Start the Jeopardy music while I try to post pics from some of my most recent projects.



That didn't work within the post, but I can get them on the site separately. I promise to get better at this.





No comments: