Monday, February 4, 2008

Ho hum, working late

For the breaking story on last night's kill, use this link http://theknittingexperience.com/Blog/first_kill.html Once the kill actually took place I really began to feel bad. I got caught up in the thrill of the kill without considering how it would feel after I took someone out. That someone being the person in the game I feared the most. When I received her name as my target I tell you, I was so relieved because that meant she wouldn't have me! It might not have felt so bad if my target was someone who was passively playing with no intention of doing well. There must be someone out there just praying to be killed so they can pass on their work in progress. Those are the sane ones asking themselves what foolhardy thing they have signed on to. I am still waiting to see what happens next, a part of me almost hoping I get killed soon. I don't know if I have the energy to stay in the game. Of course, that's extreme fatigue talking and maybe I'll perk up after a couple days rest.

I woke up this morning to the phone ringing. It's a good thing because I am not sure how long I would have slept. Even in the midst of all this sock battling and Super Bowl madness I still have to work. It wasn't until 15 minutes before I got to work that I realized, shit, I have to work late tonight!!!!! It's probably a good thing I was a Zombie before or I might have gone back to bed, once again not considering the consequences of my actions. It's almost 5pm so I have made it this far, only 2.5 hours to go. I am rewarding myself by saying I can sleep in tomorrow, work be damned, I'll get there sometime!

Since I have to work late, I'll need to knit ASAP when I get home. Fool, if I had remembered I could have brought my knitting and snuck into a closet to get a fix. These long days are killers on addiction. I can't stop thinking about it. Damn work, damn late meeting. Damn not planning ahead and bringing an emergency knit kit!! This work is messing with my priorities. I am done ranting now, but I am not done resenting work for intefering with my plans tonight!

No comments: