Sunday, February 10, 2008

...Only to be killed...





I wish I had blogged yesterday, when I was still alive and desperately working on the second pair of "killer" socks. I received them in the mail yesterday and quickly realized that I couldn't get the gauge right, so I started from the beginning. I finished one last night and then completed the leg on the second today before deciding I was safe to stop and take a nap. Somewhere between Friday and Saturday night I developed a cold and that alone was threatening to take me down. What finally brought me down was a pair of socks delivered to my door shortly after I fell asleep. My 9 year old recieved the package and promptly came in to tell me, "Sorry to tell you mom, but you're dead." I was extremely groggy but it took only moments for me to feel the exquisite relief of death. If only death had come yesterday before I toiled so on those socks...but, it's done and I am glad to have them off the needles and ready to go on to my assassin.

My story of survival extends beyond the battle of the soxes. I managed to make it through nearly 3 hours in the clock costume a.k.a. box, on Friday afternoon. At times it was perilous navigating my way around, at times uncomfortable. It's hard to make time stand still when your as wiggly as I am. I took delight in scaring people who didn't realize there was a person in the box (yeah, that was worth it) and in the fact that I could just be by myself in a box. I think I could easily spend a lot of time in a box if that would be permissable while working. So what do you do in a box? I whiled away my time by taking pics of myself, drinking a Pina Colada (non-alcoholic of course), and napping here and there. I have added just a few pictures of my time in a box. Yeah, I took the close up of myself while sitting in the box (second one down)! Laugh, I don't care.

The last two pics are of the completed "Grimace Top". With the help of a snow day on Thursday, I was able to finish it up Thursday night and wear it on Friday. I am modeling it with Fiona, a manequin who visited the office for the costume party on Friday. With my death I was able to start knitting a pair of socks for a friend of mine who is having a birthday this week. I am already onto the heel of the first one. I'll post pics of that pair, along with my killer socks soon. By the way, I immediaetly put on my new socks and they are comfy and GORGEOUS, the perfect colors for me. I believe my assassin did a little research into my favorite colors from all the way over there in Missourri. I am bummed that I, a true blue Mainer, was taken out by a Missourian, but I'll get over that.

No comments: