Sunday, February 3, 2008

Battle worn



I mean I am literally battle worn. I started the battle socks yesterday morning and worked on them at a steady pace in between cooking and cleaning for SuperBowl at our house. I finished them right before the game started but then had to wait patiently for my chance to dash out and deliver them. They are delivered but not yet received. I am now waiting for my target to realize she's been hit, wondering if I'll be hit before then. The thrill I felt at getting those things out of my hands has now been replaced by extreme fatigue, a headache and aching joints. My hands have declared a knitting strike! No matter what happens now, I will relish in the glory of my own personal victory, finishing a pair of socks faster than I ever thought I could. What usually takes me 4 days on average happened in half the time. Holy smokes, I think I'll officially crash now. By the way, the photos above show the finished socks and the casket they were delivered in. The pattern was done specifically for the battle by Amy King called Killer Zap! I was nervous about going into the unkown, but I really do like this pattern.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Congrats! Awesome job!